- Do you have trouble getting up in the morning because you just couldn’t stop scrolling the night before?
- Do you have kids who have a hard time getting your attention because you are glued to your phone?
- Do you struggle with a low self-image because you’re constantly comparing yourself to others?
- Do you procrastinate at work because you keep checking your phone or have to work later to complete tasks?
- Do you compulsively check social media throughout the day?
- Do you have trouble connecting with people in real life because you spend so much time online?
- Do you just want a better handle on how you engage with technology from day-to-day?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this resource is for you!
FOR ESTABLISHING AND MAINTAINING HEALTHIER TECH HABITS:
- Go Old School (11:00)
- Create Friction (12:18)
- Establish Morning and Evening Routines (14:32)
- Determine “Tech-Free Zones” (16:56)
- Presence (17:57)
- Schedule Tech Times (18:35)
- Digital Fasting (20:06)
- Create More Than You Consumer (21:40)*
- Check In With Yourself/Someone Else (23:27)
- Plan How You’ll Fill the Void (28:49)
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less (Book by Greg McKeown)
The Tech-Wise Family: Every Day Steps for Putting Technology in its Proper Place (Book by Andy Crouch)
10 Tech-Wise Commitments (printable PDF)
* This practice comes directly from The Tech-Wise Family by Andy Crouch.
What drives your present engagement with technology, including social media, streaming videos, etc?
How much time do you currently spend engaged with technology on a daily basis?
What do you want your tech use to look like?
How much time do you want to spend engaged with tech on a daily basis?
What would a tech fast look like?
How often would you like to incorporate tech breaks?
What kind of parameters would you like to put around your tech use?
Which of the ten practices would be most helpful to you?
What is one thing you could do today to move toward putting that practice into place?